On this minicast, we discuss tips for making a good holy hour of adoration in the presence of the blessed sacrament.
Five tips for adoration from “Adore My Son With Your Heart” by Fr. Slavko Barbaric
1. Scriptures: If you are alone, meditate on the Scriptures in silence
2. Remain in slience: In your heart, take time to converse with Jesus
3. Include others in your prayer: Talk to Jesus about those you love and those you don’t
4. Physical behavior: Find a comfortable position to pray. Kneeling is the preferred posture. Remember, the devil doesn’t have knees but you do!
5. Learn from others: Talk to people about what they do in adoration, their experiences and difficulties.
On this episode, Dan mentioned a talk about Holy Hours from Bishop Fulton Sheen. We were actually able to find three talks that covered this subject!
- The Daily Holy Hour
- Priests, the Holy Hour, and Fighting Evil
- The Priest, the Holy Hour, and the Heart of Christ
If you have a comment or question for the show, please email us at Show@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com
Email Dan at Dan@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com
Email Kevin at Kevin@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com