On today’s show, we discuss the four cardinal virtues of prudence, justice, fortitude and temperance.
Saint quote of the week
“Virtue is a good quality of the mind by which we live righteously, of which no one can make bad use, which God works in us, without us.” – Summa Theologiae, I-II q. 55 a. 4. See Augustine, De libero arbitrio, 2, 19.
Recommended reading or listening
Kevin: Boys To Men: The Transforming Power of Virtue by Tim Gray and Curtis Martin
Dan: Three questions from the Summa Theologiae regarding the passions and cardinal virtues
- ST, I-II, Question 59. Moral virtue in relation to the passions
- ST, I-II, Question 60. How the moral virtues differ from one another
- ST, I-II, Question 61. The cardinal virtues
Challenge of the week
1) Talk to someone who has lapsed from the Catholic faith (either formally or informally). Ask them about the one biggest issue they have with the Catholic Church. Engage them in a conversation about it. If you feel that the Sons of Thunder Podcast can help you out, please email us and let us know. Maybe we can do a podcast episode on the issue.
2) Choose the one cardinal virtue that you are currently struggling with the most right now and focus on improving it during the next week with a concrete action plan. Use the following scripture passage as motivation: “In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.” – Hebrews 12:4
Do you enjoy the show? Please leave a review on iTunes by clicking here. Click on the “Ratings and Reviews” link to rate us (5 stars would be great!) and also write a review. We would really appreciate it. If you click the link from an iPhone or iPad, it will open your Podcast App. Please click the “Search” icon at the bottom and search for Sons of Thunder Podcast. Click the “Reviews” tab and then “Write a Review”.
If you have a comment or question, please email Show@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com
Email Dan at Dan@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com
Email Kevin at Kevin@SonsOfThunderPodcast.com